Louisiana No. 1 in National Workforce Development Rankings for 13th Consecutive Year
FastStart combines a culture of innovation with a focus on three fundamentals for success
LED FastStart, Louisiana’s program providing sophisticated workforce development support for eligible new and expanding businesses, was honored as the best training program in America for a record 13th consecutive year.
The recognition of Louisiana’s workforce program was among the highlights of the 2022 Annual Rankings Report in Business Facilities, an economic development trade publication that has been a leading news and information source for corporate site selectors and economic development professionals for over 50 years. Since 2004, It has ranked states’ effectiveness in a wide range of economic categories annually. No state has dominated a category longer than Louisiana’s 13-year run at the top of workforce training rankings.
“The state’s LED FastStart program continued its strong push toward equipping its workforce with the skills being sought by new and expanding companies.”
- Anne Cosgrove, Editorial Director - Business Facilities
The ranking elevated FastStart’s integrated “Recruit, Train, Sustain” approach above counterpart programs in larger states on the strength of four powerful differentiators:
- Customized micro-training with virtual reality and artificial intelligence capability across a range of industries.
- A next-generation job seeker platform, LED FastStart Recruiting, that expands access and increases talent pool diversity.
- A growing portfolio of secondary and higher education partnerships.
- Development of a state-of-the-art technology center next to the State Capitol.
To learn more about LED FastStart, visit FastStart.OpportunityLouisiana.com